Sanctuary for Entrepreneurs
Hi there! I’m Yolanda Brown, an entrepreneur and single parent who’s passionate about seeing others go into business for themselves while having peace and clarity in their businesses and lives (and time to play too). This website and blog is my internet office.
Create financial freedom and work flexibility with your passion and talents for the greater good of your family and community.
Entrepreneurs, typically women, who come to me for support have a strong desire to share their passions contribute their talents to the world in ways best suited for them and different from how they are presently working.
They are Professionals with excellent skills they would like to use outside of Corporate America.
They are Moms committed to their families, and wanting to make room to have both a strong career and strong home life.
- know which idea to choose first
- know the first step to take to just get started (or the next step, or the next step)
- have enough time to focus on creating a plan
- get enough self/family-care because of the time you are putting into business-building
As an entrepreneur who has spent time in Corporate America and non-profits, became a Mom, and wanted to own a business as well as continue giving to my community, I have experienced overwhelm in these areas and more. When I went through the school of hard knocks through job, marriage and home losses while raising two small sons, I continued to have the desire to “not put all my eggs in one basket” and “create multiple streams of income” but wasn’t sure what the best way to start was for me.
It took me a while to even understand what those meant for me… but I finally got it.
Over time, I have created systems and grown the confidence to change that overwhelm into productivity with peace and sanity.
If you can relate to any of the above, this is an online sanctuary made just for you.
I am dedicated to supporting entrepreneurs through the start-up and growth of their companies.
I do this with business lessons, challenges, resources and inspiration shared via weekly content on the blog and newsletter. Business information and advice is presented in a concise and actionable way to not only give you the reason something is important but also how to get it done with respect to the minimal amount of time you presently have.
You should expect to gain knowledge and resources from this website to help you and your company strengthen and grow in:
- Entrepreneurism – entrepreneurship and lessons for it can be found in everything. I share the ones I see in this category.
- Entrepreneur Profiles – historic and current business lessons from entrepreneurs of diverse areas of business.
- Parenting – as a single parent, I have been intentional in the exposure and experiences my boys have so they grow up to be happy, educated, and balanced young men. This can be a struggle as a single mom entrepreneur with various interests of my own. I share my experiences here.
- Relaxation & Play – It’s been my experience that it’s extremely important to have time for play and relaxation to recharge and have success in your business.
View this blog and community as a sanctuary for entrepreneurs to refresh, relax and release.
About Yolanda Brown, MBA
Yolanda Brown is Mom to these two, CEO & Play Strategist of Fun Spaces, Inc, Board Treasurer for Urban Ministries of Durham and hopefully your next Business Coach and Mentor. She has coached and consulted entrepreneurs since 2003. She has directly helped over 100 entrepreneurs across the Southeast U.S. by writing and developing business plans, marketing plans, commercial loan packaging, MWBE application packaging and much more. She began blogging in 2005 and freelance business writing in 2010 which has impacted many more entrepreneurs across the country. She earned an MBA from UNC’s Kenan-Flagler Business School and professional certifications from Dartmouth College, U.S. Minority Business Development Agency and National Development Council.
After starting a family, she realized how important it was to pursue her own entrepreneurial dream (beyond consulting) to leave a legacy for her children. Now as a single mother to two fast-growing boys, she created a vision for having multiple streams of income including a portion from online business. She enjoys being an entrepreneurship cheerleader and founded this website as an outlet to share her business expertise in a more flexible and wide-reaching platform than one-on-one consulting could offer.
Thank you for learning more about my work. Happy reading!
Keep in touch by clicking any of the following: