I am currently seeking opportunities in project management. I would love to contribute to a team as a project manager because doing so would allow me to use so many of my strengths including business case analysis, coaching others, relationship management, team building and customer service. I would be challenged daily with work that may continually change on a week to week basis. I am open to contracting, business partnership and employment opportunities.
Any opportunity to contribute my skill set to making someone else’s life easier is something I embrace. Major projects I am open to include:
- I have created and executed plans for businesses and programs to pursue new markets or reduce resource needs. Developing the framework, persuading others to contribute and adopt, and promoting the finished product are a few tasks I have carried out in these roles.
- Skills used in the past include market research, financial projecting, team-building, training others, multi-functional collaboration, written and verbal communications including presenting to senior-level executives, and troubleshooting.
- I have created content and collateral for businesses, programs and projects. I have created and developed curriculum and daily agendas for personal finance and small business seminars, workshops and courses for adult audiences. Powerpoint presentations, written articles, blog posts, excel worksheet templates, marketing brochures, web copy, instructional sheets and press releases are some products I have created.
- Skills used in the past include market research, benchmarking, layout and design, feature/benefit analysis and others mentioned under strategic planning.
- Tools used include Microsoft Powerpoint, Word and Excel, Google Docs, Openoffice.org, WordPress, Blogger, Twitter, Facebook, and email marketing software. In the past, I have used Microsoft Access, Project and Visio.
- I have participated in panels, facilitated meetings with up to 40 attendees, conducted seminars and workshops to audiences of 2 up to over 100, and publicly spoken to over 500 people. Topics I have spoken on include small business finance, marketing and operations; personal finance; and work/life balance. I can contribute to discussions on parenting small children as well.
Presently, I perform most of my work remotely. Durham, NC (including the Research Triangle Park region) is home, but I am open to relocation – primarily Charlotte, NC or the Washington, DC metro area. I will consider other states including most cities in Georgia and even Texas.